Friday, November 30, 2007

Soup Squats!

I don't know if i should be revealing such advanced techniques as the soup squat!

I'll take the risk - here we go....

Here is how it all happened, try them yourself if you need to.

Tuesday is one of my scheduled workout days, but this week had been very busy. It was getting later and later in the day, and thoughts of not getting a session done were starting to creep in.

I also had to get some dinner ready and time was starting to get tight for this also. What to do?

I usually talk a lot about focus and really giving yout time to your training session, but today i would have to break that rule to get anything done.

Soup was on the menu, so after my warm up i loaded up the bar for my first set of squats. Before i did the squats i had some onions to chop and get frying. Then it was back to the barbell for my first set.

Just time to rinse some lentils and chop some carrots, then increase the weight and set number two.

Add water, bouillon, herbs, - more weight and set number three.

Give everything a stir and add garlic, - same weight for set four.

As the soup cooked i found the time for some upper body work also.

Add bread and another source of protein to the meal if desired.

All in all, i quite enjoyed the mental breather from focussing on something else and then getting back to work. I fitted in my training and i'm sure the soup tasted better for it.

Fit your training into your life - no excuses!

*Warning* If you are training at the gym rather than at home this may not work out too well! Also i cannot be held responsible for burned food - set your timer and check regularly.

No comments: