Sunday, May 17, 2009

This Week's Training And Yesterday's Workout

It's been good to drop my reps down to 4 each set this week. I say good but i mean different!

It was a bit of a shock to the system - in a good way, but i do like the focus of just grinding out those few strong reps.

I've started to consider my conditioning needs also, especially now that i'm teaching far less fitness classes that demand my participation like spinning. I'm going to be doing some sprint intervals and conditioning drills on some of the days between the strength focused workouts.

How well rounded is your programme right now? Or depending on your focus, are you working generally in the areas you need to and specifically in any other areas you need to?

Here is yesterday's workout.

Barbell Power Snatch - worked up to 54kg x 3. Not done for while but felt good
Deadlift - did 4 sets of 4 at 156kg
Glute/Hamstring Raise - 3 sets of 4

BB Push Press and - 1x4 @68kg, 3x4 at 70kg
Weighted Chin ups - 1x4 @15kg added, 3x4 @17kg added

1 Arm Press Up and - 3x4 each
1 Arm Horizontal Ring Row - 3x4 each (both of these assisted with non working side)

The new pull up/ dip tower is a bit disappointing but it adds some options (other than banging my knees!)

All the best for your training,

Steve

P.S. THE 4 week fitness bootcamp starts again tomorrow! http://www.sussexbootcamps.co.uk

No comments: